Thursday 18 February 2010

new york, new york





A new project graced my tired eyes this morning and prompted a weary trip to the library.  In search of inspiring New York visuals, I stumbled upon this unspeakably beautiful book.  I've never had an overwhelming desire to see the big city, but if anything, this book will do it (to be fair, this song is an equally good contender).

First printed in 1960, Sasek's drawings still look remarkably current.  'This is New York' showcases a gorgeous colour pallette, focusing on minute details with charmingly wonky little hand-drawn windows and a note or two about the idiosyncratic New Yorker.  Don't get me wrong, this book was originally intended for younger eyes, but what's not to love?  I'm going to see if I can track down the Paris one...swoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment