Saturday 25 February 2012

treasure hunting



Hello world! It's been a while, and I do apologise. I drew this colourful fella for a very special lady who gave me the best news I have received all year not so long ago (I'm going to be a bridesmaid!!), so I hope she won't mind if I share him with you. I feel like he should be integrated into an illustration of some sort...watch this space!


Having been in a sullen, sulky mood for most of yesterday, it was a relief to get out of the flat and do some treasure hunting around Bristol's finest second hand book shops and vintage outlets...I'm sure these beauties will come in handy at some point! (You can never have too many flower books, in my opinion.)


Also, I had to by the latest copy of Bone-shaker for this illustration by Rosie Gainsborough...

Little bit in love with her website now, too.


Currently reading: The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht
Currently enjoying: Lizzy Stewart's thoroughly beautiful and entertaining London diary
Currently looking forward to: First Aid Kit at Rise next Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. he's beautiful and very happy for him to be shared! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. peacock! gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete