This one goes out to Helen, who loves to bake and Ella, who like me, loves anything with a hint of ginger. More of a winter warmer, I suppose, but so easy to make that you don't really have an excuse!
To make one batch of delightfully spicy* ginger cookies, you will need:
5oz Self Raising Flour
2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Golden Syrup
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5
2. Grease and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
3. Sift together all of the dry ingredients
4. Heat the butter and syrup together in a pan until melted
5. Combine the wet and dry mixtures until a soft dough forms
(Add more flour if sticky)
6. Form small balls of dough with your hands and place them on the baking trays, allowing space for growth (they get big)
7. Flatten them slightly with the base of a spoon and add a tiny sprinkle of caster sugar
8. Bake in the oven for twenty minutes, or until golden
9. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Super tasty fresh from the oven. They probably make a fine accompaniment to a cup of tea.
* Word of warning, I would be less generous with the ginger. Mine were H-O-T.