Saturday 24 July 2010

yes please



This one goes out to Helen, who loves to bake and Ella, who like me, loves anything with a hint of ginger.  More of a winter warmer, I suppose, but so easy to make that you don't really have an excuse!

To make one batch of delightfully spicy* ginger cookies, you will need:

5oz Self Raising Flour
2oz Butter
2 Tsp Ground Ginger
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
2 Tbsp Golden Syrup

1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5
2. Grease and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
3. Sift together all of the dry ingredients
4. Heat the butter and syrup together in a pan until melted
5. Combine the wet and dry mixtures until a soft dough forms
(Add more flour if sticky)
6. Form small balls of dough with your hands and place them on the baking trays, allowing space for growth (they get big)
7. Flatten them slightly with the base of a spoon and add a tiny sprinkle of caster sugar
8. Bake in the oven for twenty minutes, or until golden
9. Allow to cool and enjoy!

Super tasty fresh from the oven.  They probably make a fine accompaniment to a cup of tea.

* Word of warning, I would be less generous with the ginger.  Mine were H-O-T.

4 comments:

  1. Woohoo, I'm something with a bit of ginger :-). I'm going to have to try and make them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are!

    These biccies are SO easy. But maybe go with one and a half teaspoons of ginger!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dawny i just made these : ) but i added colourful icing on top as i always need colour in my life as well as ginger! off to a cake afternoon and they'll be my contribution xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, fantastic! I hope they're not as spicy as mine were...!! I'm sure the icing will take the edge off!

    Also, I definitely recommend meddling with the ingredients. White chocolate and cinnamon cookies are a definite winner.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete